Fresh from the success of our recent webinars, we cordially invite you to the following two webinars in association with Stewart Title:
Defective Title Insurance – Do’s and Don’t’s
Thu, Jun 18, 2020 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM BST
Our host Robert Kelly discusses his experience as a conveyancer using Title Insurance, and we will examine what conveyancers need to think about when using or recommending Title Insurance. This webinar has been hugely popular with firms in the past, and includes the following topics:
- What is covered and what isn’t?
- What do you tell your client?
- What can your client tell others?
- Removing the risk not the problem
- Your role as an Insurance Intermediary
Ways to protect your client and your firm against fraudulent sales
Thu, Jun 25, 2020 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM BST
As the market recovers and solicitors are encouraged to find ways to onboard clients remotely, the chances for fraud may increase. This webinar discusses the rise in seller impersonation and the burdens placed on buyer solicitors. Looking at major cases, we will also explain how a fraud policy can be used.
- Is fraud easier now?
- What properties are at risk?
- How to mitigate risk?
- Your responsibility to the client and the lender
- Cases on conveyancer’s liability
- Law Society Code For Completion