Autumn 2020 Webinars
We have a bumper list of webinars coming up over the next couple of months. Please keep your eyes peeled for individual invitations, or email us if you would like to sign up to all webinars with one click.
"Does it have to be this difficult?" Ways to use Title Insurance to get a residential transaction moving
11am Tuesday 29th September
In this talk with Robert Kelly of Stewart Title, we will look at a number of issues that can hold up house buying and propose some solutions for them, including:
- Japanese Knotweed
- Search Delays
- Restrictive Covenants
- Listed Buildings
“Unfair and Dangerous” How Ground Rents and Estate Rent Charges can make your home disappear
11am Thursday 8th October
A series of cases has shown how Ground Rents and Estate Rent Charges can cause massive problems for buyers and lenders and their lawyers. In collaboration with Stewart Title, we will look at:
- Why Ground Rents have become a problem
- Why the Housing Act 1988 can make your long lease an assured tenancy
- Problems arising from Estate Rent Charges
- Lender’s attitude
- Possible Statutory Solutions
Planning risks in residential conveyancing
11am Tuesday 20th October
Nobody wants to buy a property only to find soon afterwards that there is going to be a development or change in infrastructure which could severely affect the use and enjoyment of the property as well as its value.
Solicitors have always carried out local authority, CON29, searches – but these provide very little information outside of the subject property.
This session provides conveyancers with the latest planning policies and legislation and planning changes and their potential impact on properties. It will also demonstrate how to provide clients with information and advice that will assist in their understanding of planning issues.
- Understanding planning issues in residential/commercial transactions.
- Planning policy and legislation
- Planning information available – applications, land use designations
- How Landmark planning reports can provide practical information to help you and your clients